design

Prinnie Stevens (‘97)

In 2023 we were lucky enough to have Prinnie Stevens (‘97) visit the school, firstly as a performer for the May Day Concert (where she brought the house down), and then as an adjudicator for Music Festival House Choirs (where she displayed incredible discernment and tact!).

Prinnie is a talented singer, dancer and songwriter. She also lends her to talents to producing shows, artist development, casting, mentoring and talent scouting for TV, stage and film. “I’m a boss girl,” explains Prinnie. “I use my business know-how, I run my own shows. I create safe spaces for women like myself, and I have multiple shows where I am the business manager and the singer.”

“I've always been a bit different, you know, there weren't many Tongan girls going to school at Loreto Kirribilli! My mum worked really hard to get me into a great school.”

Prinnie’s message to the students at her May Day concert was to “Be an all-round person. Really put yourself into all that you do. Take up all the extra-curricular activities, and learn to balance it all. Being an all-rounder at school will translate into life.”

“My mum didn't let me go to performing arts school, and I never really understood. But going to Loreto really changed my life. I had a really good balance of studies and music, and I am sure that is the reason why I've been successful.”

“No matter what your passion is, whether it’s rowing, or basketball, it doesn't matter. Even if you don't end up doing it, the work ethic and the dedication are the same attributes you will apply in real life.”

And most importantly? “Our school spirit. We always show up for each other, no matter what's going on. It’s all about supporting each other to get where you want to be.”

We always show up for each other, no matter what's going on.

Prinnie Stevens