The Story of our
Leave after you something on which others may build. Mother Gonzaga Barry
This 24-room sandstone house was purchased for the Loreto sisters by Mrs Sarah Heaton, mother of M. Philomena Heaton.
Sister Philomena Heaton supervised the building of a new classroom block and a Chapel large enough to accommodate the school.
The new Junior School was built on the site of 'Coreena', a house purchased in 1922 from Alfred Milson.
This new ‘ultramodern’ wing featured parquet floors, improved library, Languages room and Science laboratories.
St Joseph Wing was extended with a new top floor containing a larger Library and Art rooms.
Extensions to the Junior School included the new Gonzaga Barry Centre, a new Library and Art rooms.
Loreto Sisters moved from Elamang to ‘Araluen’, the neighbouring property at 71 Carabella Street.
The new Mary Ward Wing housed the Senior School classrooms and Hall and was formerly the site of St Mary’s House.
A special 1992 Centenary Appeal allowed for the building of a new Centenary Hall, Science Block,Gymnasium and car park.
Extensive refurbishment created more classrooms and playgrounds for the Junior School.
Previously called Tremayne, the Marian Centre provided 11 new state-of-the-art Visual Arts and English rooms.
The new Science Block featured updated, flexible classrooms with glass walls and state-of-the-art laboratory facilities.
A centre for innovation, with design and technology studios, collaborative learning spaces, fitness centre and gymnasium.