Loreto Kirribilli Limited, a registered Company under the Corporations Act 2001, has a governing School Board of ten directors appointed by Loreto Ministries Limited, plus the Principal. Directors are appointed for an initial term of three years which is renewable. The Board has four sub committees: a Finance Committee, a Building Committee, a Capital Campaign Committee and a Nominations and Succession Planning Committee. The Principal is appointed by the Board with the approval of the Province Leader. The Board meets at least twice per term and has, in addition, a Retreat at which it considers governance and strategic long term planning issues. The Finance, Building and Capital Campaign Committees meet on average twice per term and the Nominations and Succession Planning Committee meet on average once a term. All directors of the governing body and its sub-committees are responsible persons of good character in both the moral and legal interpretation of those terms.
Additionally a stated responsibility of the School Board is to ensure that the school complies with all legislation, State and Federal. This includes the responsibility to ensure that all appropriate records are maintained and to report as required to the Australian Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations and the NSW Minister for Education. For operational purposes, this responsibility is delegated to the Principal who reports to the Board at each of its meetings. The Business Manager / Company Secretary has the delegated responsibility for financial reporting and census completion.
The Principal is not a director of the School Board, but attends, as of right, every meeting of the Board. The School Board is composed of ten Directors with a rich and varied set of skills including; education, law, finance, communication, parenting, building, planning and development. These people have as their prime purpose the fulfilment of the educational mission of the Loreto Sisters.
The School Board is responsible for the governance of the School and delegates to the Principal the management and conduct of the School. The Principal provides a comprehensive report to the Board at each meeting. As well, throughout the year when necessary or appropriate, the Board receives reports from various staff members on particular areas of their operations.
Board of Directors
Ms Sheila McGregor
BA (Hons), LLB University of Sydney, AICD Diploma
• Senior partner with Gilbert + Tobin and previously Freehills.
• Experienced commercial adviser, company director and senior lawyer.
• Non-executive director roles on public and not-for-profit entities.
Chairperson of the Loreto Kirribilli Board
Mrs Regina Fikkers
B.Com, University of Wollongong, Fellow of CA ANZ
• Accounting and Regulatory Leader, PwC Australia.
• Retired Deputy Chairperson of Australian Accounting Standards Board.
• Finance and Risk Committee, Amnesty International Australia.
• 30 years experience in accounting across Europe, Asia, Australia.
Chairperson of the Loreto Kirribilli Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
Ms Louisa Geddes
B Sc (Arch), B Arch, Masters Project Management
• Architecture and Project Management across both the public and private sectors involving the development and construction of residential, retail, hospitality and commercial projects.
Chairperson of the Loreto Kirribilli Building Committee
Ms Lisa Claes
Master of Laws (LLM) University of Sydney, Advanced Financial Management INSEAD, Bachelor of Arts/Laws University of Queensland
• CEO of CoreLogic International, the world's largest property data and analytics company.
• Prior to joining CoreLogic, Lisa served as Executive Director and leader of ING's Australian banking operations.
• Earlier in her career Lisa practised as a barrister and held executive positions in Wealth and Insurance.
• Active on not for profit boards throughout her executive career and is a member of Chief Executive Women.
Mr John Eales
BA (Psychology) University of Queensland, AICD Diploma
• Founder Mettle Group. HR consultancy acquired by Chandler Macleod.
• Non-executive Director roles with Flight Centre Travel Group, Magellan Financial Group, Executive Health Solutions, John West Logistics.
Professor Br David Hall FMS
DMin., MA (Theology), Grad. Dip. Ed, BEd
Many years of Leadership positions in Catholic Education, including Principal at Marcellin College Randwick (NSW), St Patrick’s Marist College Dundas (NSW), St Francis Xavier Primary School Ayr (Qld), St Mary’s School Rydalmere (NSW), Acting Principal at St Augustine's College Cairns (Qld), Deputy Principal at St Bernadette’s Primary School Lalor Park (NSW), Assistant Head of School, Mission – Marist College Canberra (ACT) as well as Executive Director of Marist Ministries.
Mr Alex Harvey
Master of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics – University of Sydney
• Chief Financial Officer of Macquarie Group Limited and Executive Chairman of Macquarie Group Asia.
• 20 years experience in financial services industry across Australia, Asia, Europe and the United States.
• Chairman of Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW.
Ms Yvonne Le Bas
Bachelor of Business Studies, Fellow of ICAA/ICAEW, MAICD
• Finance executive with over 25 years’ experience across Financial Services, Property and Oil sectors in Australia and Internationally.
• Financial service experience spanning both Banking and Wealth Management with two of the major Australian Banks across a range of roles CFO, COO, General Manager, Strategic Development and major program delivery.
Deputy Chairperson of the Loreto Kirribilli Board
Member of the Loreto Kirribilli Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
Mr Niall Ronan
BComm (Hons), Master of Accounting (Hons), Master of International Taxation, CTA, FCA, MAICD
CFO of the Australian arm of an international company, overseeing all aspects of finance, operations, administration, information technology, human resources, WHS, risk management and strategy development.
Member of the Loreto Kirribilli Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and Member of the Capital Campaign Committee
Ms Anna Mitchelmore
BA (Hons) LLB (Hons) University of Sydney
• Barrister since 2006 (SC 2018), practising predominantly in Administrative and Constitutional Law.
• Significant experience in advising and acting for decision-makers at all levels of government.
• Director: Sixth Floor Limited, NSW Bar Association.