Term 3 Selection dates and important information
|Wednesday||17th August||Year 9||3:30pm > 5pm||Milsons Park|
|Thursday||18th August||Year 9||3:30pm > 5pm||Anderson Park|
|Tuesday||23rd August||Year 10||6:50am > 7:50am||Anderson Park|
|Wednesday||24th August||Year 10||3:30pm > 5pm||Milsons Park|
|Thursday||25th August||Year 8||3:30pm > 5pm||Anderson Park|
|Friday||26th August||Year 8||6:50am > 7:50am||Anderson Park|
|Tuesday||30th August||Year 11||6:50am > 7:50am||Anderson Park|
|Wednesday||31st August||Year 11||3:30pm > 5pm||Milsons Park|
|Tuesday||6th September||Year 7||6:50am > 7:50am||Anderson Park|
|Wednesday||7th September||Year 7||3:30pm > 5pm||Milsons Park|
Please see above the selection details for the season ahead. Numbers this year have increased dramatically, which on one hand is fantastic however this brings its challenges. Specifically, resources in the forms of training venues and coaching of teams. Subsequently the selection process will go ahead however students and parents this year need to be aware of the following criteria;
- Selections are based on ability – they are not based on convenience of car pooling or a team of friends as such (social team). As you can see a significant amount of time has been invested to accommodate the selection process and I appreciate in advance the commitment that is required from families
- Winter sports / extra curricular commitments and clashes – again we ALL lead very busy lives in and out of school. The dates that have been made available (apart from Year 9) cover a morning and afternoon therefore clashes I am hoping should be minimal. Under NO circumstance should students avoid Netball or Hockey to attend a Touch Selection. If you need to see me please.
- Team numbers – At this stage with approximately 160 girls signed up and the restrictions that are placed on us by Eastern Suburbs we may need to fill teams with 12-15 players. Yes I agree not ideal however unfortunately these restrictions are placed upon us by Easts, they are not a school based decision!
- Resources (fields) – again as I state every season this is our biggest challenge. Field availability in North Sydney Council is limited due to ground maintenance and hours – therefore we have a real challenge and continue every year! – Again not a school based decision!
- Competition – as stated in the information letter I intend to get as many teams into the Eastern Suburbs competition as possible. If we cannot field all teams I may need to resource another competition (eg Normanhurst invitational Term 4). A decision will be made with Mrs Baker as soon as possible and information will be posted on the Touch Football chalk page as soon as the decision has been made.
- Communication – Parents and students are encouraged to access the Touch Football CH@LK page on a regular basis for all information. This portal page should be your first port of call before email and phone conversations.
Touch Football Coaches
Applications are invited from enthusiastic committed sports people for casual positions as Touch Football coaches. Please visit our website for further information www.loreto.nsw.edu.au
Christopher Fryar (Mr)
Academic Advisor, PDHPE