Speech and Drama will be taught in the Senior school this year. Previously I taught Speech in the Senior school from 2005 – 2014 and I’m delighted to be back.
What is Speech and Drama? It is fun! Speech and Drama will help you to develop communication and presentation skills that will provide a lifetime of confidence in public speaking and performance activities. The tuition includes:
- confidence building drama games and exercises
- public speaking – prepared and impromptu
- voice – articulation and modulation
- assistance with performance anxiety
- non-verbal communication skills
- performance through improvisation and text
- external examinations – ASCA* and AMEB
*Students in Year 9 – 12
You might like to consider obtaining a Certificate of Communication qualification (ASCA) to add to your accomplishments. This qualification is highly beneficial for future study and work applications. It may also contribute bonus points towards entry into some university and college courses.
Jacqui Field (Mrs)
Convenor of Public Speaking
Speech & Drama Teacher