Congratulations to all the teams that played in the Netball Grand Finals last weekend. Every team played to the best of their ability and it was a great pleasure to watch the teams play with such sportsmanship and spirit. We had 6 teams competing and congratulations must go to Team 22 (14A) and Team 38 (13F) who were victorious. (Our 11A team will play their Grand Final this Friday night at 6pm).
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the many supporters and spectators who made a special visit to the netball courts to cheer on our teams. It was great seeing you all there and I am sure it meant a lot to the players, coaches, umpires and managers.
Thank you to all the coaches, umpires and managers who have worked tirelessly all season, and of course, to our parents who continually support their children to achieve the best they can in our wonderful sport. Thank you too, to each of the girls who played – we hope you have had an enjoyable season.
Congratulations to Mrs Donna Baker and Claudia Sayle who received special recognition by the Northern Suburbs Netball Association for their efforts and contribution to the sport of netball both during the season and indeed over many years:
- Mrs Donna Baker awarded the Pat Clark Award for Service
- Claudia Sayle awarded the Joe Hockey Award for Outstanding Contribution to Netball by a Junior
Please see the NSNA website for further details on the following:
- Nomination for NSNA Executive and Committee Positions for 2017
- NETS Holiday Netball Clinic – 26-27 September
- NSU Holiday Netball Clinic – 6 October
- Nomination information for the 2017 NSNA Representative U11 Talent Squad (for girls turning 11 in 2017) – Closes 10 September
A final special thanks to Mrs Donna Baker, Miss Jessica Howard and Mrs Lilly Moore who have given a lot of effort to ensuring a successful season for Loreto.
Virginia Ellis (Ms)
Left: The victorious 14A’s coached by Kate Dickinson.
Right: The victorious 13F’s coached by Zoe Janssen and Veronica Martin.