Dear Loreto Community members,
This is our final newsletter for this term as next week will be filled with preparations for our Year 12 Graduation ceremonies.
We are very proud of our Year 12 class of 2016 as they are hardworking, resilient and determined to do their very best. They have achieved in all areas of school life – curricular and extra-curricular. Their achievements have been outstanding as they have balanced the demands of the HSC with all the other areas of school life. I feel they have achieved this by supporting and caring for one another as well as deeply valuing all that our Loreto staff and their parents have offered them. Their generosity is one of their most endearing qualities and they have enriched the lives of their fellow students and teachers in many meaningful ways. Now that they are on the eve of moving out into the world, it is the prayer of us all, our IBVM sisters, parents, families and teachers both past and present – that they will continue to grow as young women of compassion and conviction, committed to truth, justice, sincerity and living the gospel in joyful service.
I offer Year 12 this final blessing drawn from the work of John O’Donohue from his book Eternal Echoes:
May you awaken to the mystery of being here and may you have joy and peace
May you receive great encouragement when new frontiers beckon.
May you respond to the call of your gift and find the courage to follow its path.
May warmth of heart keep your presence aflame and anxiety never linger about you.
May your outer dignity mirror an inner dignity of soul and
May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder.
We thank God for our Year 12 Class of 2016 and pray for them with love.
|Natasha Abram||Isabelle Fisher||Scarlett Lenehan||Phoebe Rowland|
|Alexandra Allan||Paris Fittler||Sophie Lloyd||Amelia Ryan|
|Alessandra Arena||Louisa Fitzgerald||Dominica Lucas||Cosette Saunders|
|Olivia Armistead||Greer Fraser||Lisa Maggs||Annabel Scanlen|
|Jemimah Back||Sophie Gallagher||Tara Maloney||Eliza Scanlen|
|Genevieve Becker||Grace Garrett||Lauren Martin||Prudence Scott|
|Eliza Benecke||Sally Garrow||Isabel Martins||Sophie Scroope|
|Amy Bennetts||Stephanie Greenslade||Anna Mateffy||Alexandra Shehade|
|Alice Best||Caroline Gunning||Sinead McCraith||Laura Sindone|
|Grace Boffa||Molly Hadfield||Georgia McDonald||Jessica Smith|
|Julia Booth||Samantha Hall||Isabella McDonald||Annabelle Stack|
|Isabel Bradley||Shannon Harrold||Cassandra McGarry||Isabella Stack|
|Odette Brotherson||Matisse Hasler||Anna McGinley||Matilda Stalley|
|Alexi Brown||Georgina Henry||Serena McSweeney||Jemma Stevens|
|Ellen Brown||Sophie Herring||Chloe Moore||Lauren Sudol|
|Teneal Brown||Tess Herron||Annabel Murphy||Sophie Sullivan|
|Grace Burke||Laura Hickey||Madeline Murrie||Bianca Taylor|
|Emma Butler||Freya Hine||Sophie Newton||Stephanie Vella|
|Rebecca Cameron||Annabelle Holden||Brooke O’Callaghan||Fernanda Vieira|
|Eva Campbell||Emily Hopper||Phoebe O’Donnell||Nadine Villano|
|Mairead Cargill||Caitlan Howle||Hannah Oswin||Isabella Vilo|
|Annabel Clark||Charlotte Huszczo||Jessica Owens||Lucy Walburn|
|Sarah Cullen||Ruby Jackson||Natalie Parker||Ashleigh Wan|
|Ruby-May Davis||Lucy Jones||Sophie Parker||Tara Waugh|
|Abbey de Mestre||Georgia Josue||Imogen Passas||Charlotte White|
|Annabel de Mestre||Jasmin Jowitt||Sophie Paton||Eloise Williment|
|Luisa de Pietra||Alisia Keronen||Lauren Pauley||Lara Willoughby|
|Anna Deverall||Hannah Killin||Katie Picton||Jessica Winston Smith|
|Mikayla Dorney||Claire Kim||Georgina Price||Juliet Wittenoom Louw|
|Jane Dowd||Emily King||Sophie Ramsay||Sheridan Wood|
|Stephanie Dowsett||Isabelle Kohout||Claudia Remedios||Daphne Woodhill|
|Sarah Edenborough||Emilie Krimmer||Emelia Roberts||Georgia Worner|
|Mathilde Farley||Genevieve Lam||Brigitte Roche|
|Eliza Ferguson||Kate Lee||Saskia Rorke|
Our Year 12 students have commenced their HSC practical exams. On Wednesday we received the wonderful news from BOSTES that three of our Year 12 students have been nominated for possible inclusion for OnStage. We congratulate Alice Best, Anne McGinlay and Eliza Scanlan.
Courage to Move
We thank our Loreto Kirribilli community for the highly successful MWIA (Mary Ward International Australia) Courage to Move Golf and Tennis Day, held last Thursday. The generous spirit of the Loreto community was most evident and all money raised will go to MWIA for the development and ongoing support of educational facilities in Gari-uai, Timor-Leste. A very special thank you to all the parents involved and to Ms Debbie Henry our Community Liaison and Events Coordinator. Debbie was ably supported by the Loreto Kirribilli Development Office and Communications team. I particularly thank our guest speakers at the Dinner, Mr John Eales and Sr Natalie Houlihan, for inspiring all present to have the ‘Courage to move’ with their thought-provoking addresses.
Ms Brent and Mrs Smith have travelled to Gari-uai, Timor Leste, during the week to support the work of the IBVM Sisters in teacher training in the Pre School also gaining significant professional development while doing so. Meanwhile, Mrs Walburn travelled to Yoogali, a town near Griffith, to continue her Music Mentor Program. Mrs Walburn, who works across K-12, has taken on the role as a Music Mentor for the teachers in Yoogali and has supported their professional development by sharing programming ideas and conducting demonstration lessons to the students. We are very blessed to have highly accomplished teachers who generously share their exceptional expertise with others, then bringing back all that they have learnt to enrich the staff and students of Loreto Kirribilli.
- We congratulate Ms Donna Baker and Claudia Sayle in Year 10 for receiving special recognition by the Northern Suburbs Netball Association last weekend. Ms Donna Baker was the recipient of the Pat Clark Award for outstanding service and Claudia Sayle was the recipient of the Joe Hockey Junior Encouragement Award for outstanding contribution to Netball by a junior.
- We congratulate our students who competed in the 25th NSW All Schools Taekwondo Tournament. The tournament was held at St Ignatius’ College, Riverview. Two hundred and seventy-five competitors represented over seventy schools. Loreto Kirribilli won the following perpetual trophies:
Girls Championship Perpetual Trophy The Macquarie Shield
Loreto Kirribilli Junior school won the Headmaster’s Shield for the team with the highest average score. Please see more information about our girl’s outstanding achievements in this newsletter.
- We congratulate our Dance troupe for gaining first place in Contemporary Dance at the CGSSSA Dance Competition held at Monte. We thank our extracurricular dance teachers Ms Mandi Whittaker and Ms Rhiannon Villareal for their instruction, support and encouragement of the girls.
- Congratulations to our National Snowsports teams who have achieved very pleasing results at a national level. Please find details of their achievements in this newsletter.
- Our netball teams had another very good season and all teams are to be congratulated for their commitment, effort and achievement. Congratulations to our Grand final winning teams Loreto 22 14A division, Loreto 38 13F division, Loreto 46 11A division.
- After a very long and successful Hockey season we wish our intermediate team LOK 04 all the very best in the semi-final against Wenona this Friday.
Anna Dickinson (Mrs)