- Students from Years 7 to 12 are to assemble in their Circle Class groups at Bradfield Park (Broughton Street side), underneath the Harbour Bridge on the paved section away from the road, at 8:20am. They will then have their roll marked and will be escorted to the pool. There is no entrance fee.
- Students will be returned to this point at the conclusion of the Carnival in time to catch normal transport or be collected by parents. Students are expected to remain at the Carnival all day, and may be picked up by parents only at the conclusion of the day and after having their name marked off by their Circle Teacher.
- Parents who wish to collect their daughters by car at the end of the day, are asked to arrange to do so at the turning circle at the end of Alfred st. You are kindly asked to do this only if absolutely necessary however, as excessive traffic in this area will impact on our departure from the pool.
- The carnival will commence promptly at 9:00 am and finish at approximately 2:45 pm, with the Water Ballet scheduled for approximately 1:45pm. Students are to wear their full sports uniform to and from the pool, but will be able to change into house colour clothes on arrival. All students should be wearing their swimming costume under their sports uniform at the beginning of the day, thus students should not need to change at the pool.
- Students are to ensure that they have a proper breakfast and bring plenty of food and drink to the pool. It is advisable to bring at least 2 litres of water.
- All students should have sunscreen and they are to re-apply throughout the day.
- Students will not be permitted to use the kiosk nor the vending machines at the pool.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the pool during the Carnival.
- Streamers, coloured hairspray, body paint or feathers are not allowed at the pool.
- Students should ensure all belongings are labelled. The school excursion or sports bag only are to be used, not the regular school bag, as space in the stands is limited.
- Personal entertainment devices, books, magazines etc are not permitted.
- In the interests of safety, students, including Year 12, are not permitted to drive to the pool for the carnival.
- Space at North Sydney pool is limited and there is little room for spectators. A small area will be set aside for parents in the stands at the eastern end.
Donna Baker (Mrs)
Sports Coordinator K-12