Library Lovers’ Day
- Tuesday, 14 February is an opportunity to reflect on and to celebrate the many ways our amazing school Library supports the staff and students at Loreto.
A few highlights…
- Provision of flexible learning and teaching spaces to create opportunities for Collaboration, Creativity, Communication and Critical Reflection – the focus the School’s annual goal.
- Dynamic Wide Reading Program for Years 7 to 10 to reinforce the value of reading for pleasure and academic success
- Support for Inquiry based learning such as Guided Inquiry, Project-based Learning, and many other models to develop critical literacy skills so necessary for our students in the workplace of the future.
- A comprehensive, relevant book collection of over 30,000 titles to support all curriculum areas.
- An invaluable selection of eResources available from the Library Ch@lk page to support the teaching program of the school. These resources include:
- Encyclopaedia Britannica: search across three differentiated levels to find information related to assignments such as articles, related websites, images and video clips.
- ANZ Reference Centre: access journal articles in full text.
- LinksPlus: search this annotated collection of websites selected by Australian educators specifically related to our curriculum.
- Blooms Literature: find critical analyses of texts and information about authors to support the English curriculum.
- Wheelers eBooks and Bolinda Audiobooks: enhance enjoyment of reading.
- Our Destiny Library database: access print resources held in our Library as well as a selection of quality websites to support research in all subject areas.
- All of these resources are available 24/7via Ch@lk to provide assistance for assignments and assessment tasks. See the Library Staff for further information and assistance.
- Always remember to go to these resources first to discover reliable, relevant resources and to save valuable time. Use Google as a last resort only!
Judith Hurst (Mrs)
Head Teacher Librarian